A race series across Western Massachusetts for skiers in U10-U12
Saturdays and Sundays, with 2-hour sessions in the morning and afternoon
- The primary focus is to introduce students to the physical and mental aspects of alpine racing, preparing them for slalom and giant slalom races. The time commitment is greater than for Development Team as participants focus on proper racing technique through instructed free skiing drills, plus an introduction to gate training.
- This is for children who have usually had a few years with the Developmental Team and are ready for greater challenges. The skill, interest and attitude of the child and the commitment of the family make this program what it is.
- Training is on weekends (Saturday and Sunday), with two-hour sessions (approximately), one in the morning and one in afternoon.
- There is an unsupervised lunch break around 1130AM.
- The Holiday Race Camp is included in the Interclub program. This fun camp runs during the week between Christmas and New Years.
- NOTE: Training will be determined by the coaches based on athletes’ skills, needs and development and may include gates, drills, video review, and focused free skiing
- Interclub kids compete in a handful of races at other mountains where they can test themselves against peers from other local programs in Western Mass.
- Most races are Giant Slalom.
- Families are responsible for registering their kids for the races.
- At the Interclub level, membership in USSS (U.S. Ski & Snowboard) is required.
- When registering with USSS, designate Jiminy Peak as your affiliate program. Make sure to register as an Alpine competitor, not as general member.
- The Tri-State (TSASRA or Tri-State Alpine Ski Racing Association) membership will be processed automatically once you have designated your club as Jiminy peak.
- Become a USSS member
- Learn more about TSASRA membership