What Is KidsRule?
KidsRule aims to offer a fresh approach to kids ski and snowboard lessons - one where we provide a safe & fun learning experience within a friendly, skill driven, & confidence boosting environment that encourages a love for skiing & riding, as well as sparking a passion for being outdoors! To accomplish this, our ski lessons programs use our specially designed learning environment – Terrain Based Learning – as well as our trained & tested instructors to foster a love for skiing & snowboarding in kids aged 6 – 14. Our junior ski lessons are taught by some of the best skiing & snowboarding professionals in the business, with the goal of making our program the best children’s snowsports program in Massachusetts and Southern Vermont!
New for 2020-21
- Weekends, Holidays, and Holiday periods (and 12/21 - 12/24) we will offer 2, half-day sessions, to accommodate more children, as capacity will be limited this winter season. We will offer a morning session from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm and an afternoon session from 1:00 to 3:30 pm. Participants will receive a daily lift ticket, valid until 6 pm, for use before, and/or after, their scheduled session. Children schuled for the afternoon session can pick-up tickets and equipment anytime after 10 am. Lunch will not be available through the KidsRule program on weekends or holiday periods, due to space limitations.
- Full day KidsRule sessions will only be available Monday-Friday, non-holiday (with the exception of 12/21 - 12/24), from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. The full-day program includes a lift ticket, valid until 6 pm, instruction, lunch, and cocoa breaks.
- Advance purchase is required for all KidsRule participants this season. Please use the Buy Now button below to reserve your spot.
- The KidsRule program is for children aged 6-14, only, this season. We look forward to the return of the 3-5 year old program in 2021-22.
Please check back frequently for updates, as guidelines and operational procedures may change during the course of the season.
$159 Mid-week, non-holiday. Full-day session with lunch included.
- Rentals available for $30/day
$119 Weekends / Holidays. Half-day session, no lunch.
- Rentals available for $30/day
Our kids ski school works with some of the most devoted instructors in New England, let alone Massachusetts. Our junior ski lesson instructors are enthusiastic and love to ski/snowboard and share their love of it with their classes. To ensure your child gets the most out of their lesson as well as their safety, our KidsRule instructors have also been extensively trained and certified to work with children. They are sure to engage with your children and often are the highlight of their students' day!
Take a Look at a Typical Junior Ski or Snowboard Lesson
No matter your child’s skill level our kids ski and snowboard lessons will create a fun and educational experience that is sure to enhance their skills. To guarantee the best possible learning environment, children will be assigned to groups based on their age and ability. Please familiarize yourself with our Snowsports Level Chart to ensure your child is in the correct group for their ability.
Our ski and snowboard classes for kids will begin in our terrain based learning area located on the Chipmunk and Cricket slopes. Here they’ll learn the fundamentals including how to balance and proper stances. As the day progresses, children will also learn how to safely load and unload a chairlift and progress to more challenging terrain.
Skills Highlighted in Kids Ski Lessons
Here are just a few of the important skills that are emphasized during our ski lessons for kids:
- Standing Up
- Speed Control
Skills Highlighted in Kids Snowboard Lessons
Here are just a few of the important skills that are emphasized during our kids snowboard classes:
- Standing Up
- Skating & Downhill Movement
- Toe-side & Heel-side Awareness
Ready to Introduce Your Child to A Lifetime on the Slopes?
With Jiminy’s kids ski school, children will learn a sport that they will be able to enjoy for life and not just for a season or a certain period of their life. Once they learn they will be able to enjoy it forever and pass it down to their own children in the future. There are very few sports that you can say that about! Reserve their spot in our Massachusetts KidsRule program today!
For questions about KidsRule Mountain Camps, please email [email protected] or call 413.738.5500 ext. 6204. Sorry, we cannot take reservations via e-mail. All reservations must be made online or over the phone.