Private Ski & Snowboard Lessons
Improve Your Skills at Your Own Pace
Whether you’re relatively new, a seasoned veteran, or someone in between Jiminy Peak’s ski school offers private ski and snowboarding lessons that will help you to develop your skills, hone your technique, and explore the mountain. Our experienced and PSIA/AASI certified instructors will tailor your lesson to your ability level and provide you with individualized feedback and attention that group lessons simply can’t match. This year we've added Family Private Ski and Snowboard Lessons to accommodate families who want to learn together, have fun and create memories. Spots are limited, so please call 413.738.5500 x6205 or stop by the Snowsports desk, located in the lower level of JJ's Lodge to make your reservation. Private Lessons are not available online.
Private Ski & Snowboard Lessons are Tailored to Your Skill Level
Jiminy’s highly individualized private ski and snowboarding lessons for adults and children are offered for Yellow, Green, Blue and Black ability levels (see Level Chart below). It is very helpful for us to know your ability level and communicate your expectations of the day when reserving a lesson, so we can choose an instructor that will best serve you.
Beginner Sessions (Yellow Level)
Yellow level private lessons are designed for those who have had at least an introduction to skiing or snowboarding and are looking to build upon their fundamentals. These types of one-on-one sessions will work on improving your basic skills such as:
- Speed Control
- Downhill Movement
Intermediate & Advanced Intermediate Sessions (Green & Blue Levels)
Green and blue private lessons are focused on refining and improving your abilities and introducing you to new challenges and terrain. These students already have a pretty good grasp on the basics and are looking to push themselves out of their comfort zone and into the next level. These sessions are where the fun really begins with instructors being able to introduce students to areas on the mountain like:
- Blue Square and High Intermediate Terrain
- Terrain Parks
Individual Private Ski, Snowboard, and Telemark Lessons
Private lessons offer one-on-one instruction, for skiers and snowboarders to make the most of their time on the mountain. Private lessons are 60 minutes in length, open to ages 6+, and are available by appointment only.
- $109 - 1 hour; mid-week, non-holiday. Additional person $79
- $129 - 1 hour; weekends and holidays. Additional person $89
- $218 - 2 hour; mid-week, non-holiday. Additional person $158
- $258 - 2 hour; weekends and holidays. Additional person $178
- Lessons are available daily, every 1/2 hour, 9 am - 3 pm.
- Reservations are required and space is limited. Please call 413.738.5500 x6205, or stop by the Snowsports desk, located in the lower level of JJ's Lodge, to reserve your spot. Private Lessons are not available online.
Get ready to spend some time together and create cherished memories with your family.
These lessons are designed for families that want to stay together and improve their skills, within a private lesson format. All family members must be using the same equipment type (all skiers or all snowboarders) and be of similar ability. This program is for Yellow level abilities and up. Red level abilities will use our 1st Time Ski/Snowboard Lesson program.
- $179 for the first family member.
- $ 89 for each additional family member.
- Minimum group size is 3 people
- Maximum group size is 5 people
- 90-minute Family Lessons are offered on weekends, holidays and during holiday periods only, and are available every 1/2 hour, from 9 am - 2:30 pm.
- Reservations are required and space is limited. Please call 413.738.5500 x6205, in advance, to reserve your spot.
2021-22 Season Requirements
- Guests are strongly encouraged to pre-register for lessons, as they frequently sell out on weekends, holidays, and during holiday periods. Please call 413.738.5500 x6205 or stop by the Snowsports desk, located in the lower level of JJ's Lodge, to make your reservation.
- Participants must report to their lesson outfitted with either their own personal equipment or rental equipment.
- If you are renting equipment please plan ample time to be outfitted, prior to your lesson. The most efficient way to obtain rentals is to pre-purchase at least 36 hours in advance, using the button below.
Ready For a Truly Unforgettable Experience?
Private lessons are highly individualized and adaptive, allowing Jiminy’s instructors to focus on specifics. Instructors determine the best way to communicate the concept to a guest, creating a more effective and unique learning experience. You’ll be amazed at just how much you’ll improve after a single one-on-one session. Please call us 413.738.5500 x6205 to reserve your spot.