Preparing for the winter 20/21 season has been unique, no doubt. We know you have questions and we want to answer them to help you plan for the winter ahead. These FAQs will evolve and change, just as the pandemic has, and we will keep them updated, accordingly. We will continually update our operating procedures to remain current with state, federal, and industry guidelines. You should check back here often for the latest information.
We have taken into consideration the guidelines provided by the Governor of Massachusetts and Department of Public Health, as well as those of the federal Centers for Disease Control. We are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for you, our other guests, and our staff members. Please remember we need your help to make this season the best it can be! We are looking forward to getting back out on the slopes and believe we can provide you with some much-needed fun during the colder months as long as we all work together to make that happen.
Guidelines for All Guests and Employees:
Follow the guidelines issued by the CDC to limit the spread of Covid-19:
- Stay at home if you feel sick. We will work to re-schedule any planned visit.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others not in your household.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Additionally, the state of Massachusetts has mandated the use of a face covering in all public areas where 6 feet of social distance cannot be maintained. We ask that you carry a mask or face covering with you and wear it:
- In any indoor facility on property.
- When queued in any line, whether indoors or outdoors.